Franklin Electric Plant Board
Fiber Technician Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Fiber Optics Supervisor, installs, adjusts, tests and repairs commercial and/or residential fiber optic cable and broadband services for FEPB internal and external customers. This position will require the ability to work in extreme temperatures, extreme weather conditions and enclosed spaces as necessary. Salary is based on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, test, maintenance and repair of fiber optics lines and equipment as necessary including fiber splicing at cabinets, splice enclosures, residential/commercial establishments. Requires both indoor and outdoor working conditions, aerial and underground facilities, including pole attachments, customer premises, substations, data centers environments, attics, crawl spaces and other areas as necessary.
- Install, test, and maintain commercial and/or residential telecommunications equipment for FEPB internal and external Equipment may include Passive Optical Networking (PON) devices such as optical splitters, Optical Network Terminals (ONTs), routers, patch panels, and other networking devices.
- Process work orders timely and accurately to ensure proper record
- Perform fiber locates as necessary aka (811).
- Possible on call or after hours assignment as needed
- Operate various FEPB vehicles including passenger vehicle, cargo van, and bucket
- Perform any other related duties as required or
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, basic construction skills, ability to operate a medium size bucket truck. Two years previous experience in installing aerial cable from bucket truck and/or installing communication cable in residential and commercial settings preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License, CDL within six months of job acceptance
Applications along with resumes must be submitted by 4:30 pm on August 15th, 2018
Applications can be found online or at 309 N High St Franklin, KY
Franklin Electric Plant Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer